I want to learn more with music
I have been listening to English songs every day for years.
But I still wonder how to learn with music. Could you give me some advice?
I would appreciate advice concerning the recommended steps to appreciate an English song?
Btw, I really admire you for what you have been doing. You are an amazing person!
Wow...thank you for such a great compliment. I'm doing my best to create a helpful and friendly website to learn English and it would seem that I am on the right track (doing well!) Thank you for your encouragement.
As for how to use songs to learn English, I would say that there is a pretty simple formula to help you get the most from them.
1) Choose music that YOU LIKE! If you enjoy it, then it is going to help you so much more than music you hate.
2) Listen to the song a couple times without lyrics or any assistance. You could take some notes and write down questions about what you don't understand.
3) Find the lyrics (easy to do with Google) and then listen to the song again and read along. This will be when you realize what some of the words are that you couldn't understand.
4) Now look up words in the dictionary that are new to you.
5) Another way to really remember new vocabulary would be to write or create personal examples on how to use the words.
I will be creating more exercises and guidelines in the days, weeks and years to come so stay tuned!
Thanks again Amy!
Still looking? Search the site for exactly what you need using the site search box below.
Discover these Amazing ESL Materials!