What does " though" mean?
by Ruben cardenas
(Austin tx , USA)
What does the word "though" mean, in English? Taking a look at Word Reference (a great website for definitions and translations) I found the following definition of "though". I created a couple of my own examples for you. I hope that makes the meaning more clear.
All the best,
(adverb)1 although, though, tho', despite the fact that; Examples:
1) She bought the car, even though it was more than her budget.
2) She went for a walk, even though it was raining
3) He broke up with her before the wedding, but she didn't seem to mind though.2 though (postpositive) however; Examples:
1) It might be painful, though.
2) Your suitcase might not make the connection, though.
Need more help Ruben? Just ask!
Happy with your Answer?
Consider leaving a contribution
to help improve the website.
You choose how much to give.
Remember, a little goes a long way!
Just click the "donate" button below
Your Transaction is Secure!