How to Learn English Writing
Need some ideas on how to Learn English writing? Take a look at the list below.
Page 4: Writing
- Go online and visit some forums for learning English . There you can write and talk to people and they sometimes correct your messages (or you can ask them to).
- Try to get a native speaking pen-pal. Then you can write emails or real letters to each other. If it is an email they can quickly and easily correct your emails so that you can see your mistakes and try to correct them in your next letter.
- Doing letter translations does help as well.
- Keep a journal. No one will check or correct it but you could write in it daily to start strengthening your 'writing muscle'. (Think of your skills as muscles that need exercise to get stronger...lift some weights for your arms and write in a journal for your writing skills).
- Use vocabulary to write short stories or paragraphs.
- Watch YouTube videos and write down what is happening or what happened in the video. You can do this as an oral exercise first and then write it.
- Take sample emails off of the internet and customize them for your situation. By seeing real letters and re-writing them for your particular needs you will be able to practice common expressions and constructions.
Starting your own English journal or diary is a great way to keep writing in your daily routine. Use it as an opportunity to record events and thoughts that you have experienced that day.
The best way to improve? Write, write, write!
Now you know how to study English. But that is not the KEY. The key to learning English is to keep doing things.
So take a couple of these activities (one or two from listening, speaking, reading and writing) and do them everyday.
Page 1: Listening - Page 2: Speaking - Page 3: Reading
Now you know how to learn English writing
improve your ears with music.
Feeling frustrated? Get some motivation here
Find more ADVICE here
Still looking? Search the site for exactly what you need using the site search box below.
Discover these Amazing ESL Materials!