Learn to Speak English Ideas
Page 2: Speaking
Easy methods, activities and tips to help you learn to speak English.
- Go to Meetup.com and find a group of people who want to learn English or who want to have a language exchange between English and your native language. This is a great way to USE English and to meet some great people.
- If you do not like groups try to get a language exchange with just one person. But be warned...if you are actually looking for help with your language you should make this clear. Many people use those services as a dating service. BUT that would get you a boyfriend/girlfriend and as I mentioned before that is one of the best ways to improve your English.
- Take classes. This is pretty obvious but if you get regular classes with an academy or a private teacher you will have someone motivating you and making sure that you are studying, progressing and learning.
- Get an online tutor. You can have classes via web cam and microphone. Depending on what you want you could have conversation classes or more structured classes.
- Find an online pen-pal or friend whom you can speak to regularly via skype. If you are Spanish and you find a Canadian who is learning Spanish you could help each other practice each language. Just make sure to balance the conversations 50/50 or else someone will benefit more than the other.
- If you are living in an English speaking country then just live your life...in English. Go shopping and speak to as many sales people as possible. Ask strangers what time it is. Complement people if they are wearing something nice. As someone for directions. Many people live in English speaking countries and still do not improve their English, so be active and search for opportunities to speak whenever possible.
Page1: Listening - Page 3: Reading - Page 4: Writing
Learn to speak English by listening to music
Want to review your grammar, Click here
Find more ADVICE and help here
Still looking? Search the site for exactly what you need using the site search box below.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Discover these Amazing ESL Materials!
New! CommentsWhat do you think about this page? Leave me a comment in the box below.